Business Development Manager
Vanguard, one of the world's largest investment management companies, serves individual investors, institutions, employer-sponsored retirement plans, and financial professionals. We have a diverse and talented crew with a culture that promotes teamwork, along with an unwavering focus on serving our clients' best interests.
Posting Closing Date:December 4, 2022
The Business Development Manager partners with a Sales Executive and is responsible for new business development and relationship management within key intermediary distribution channels within Canada.
- Develops new relationships existing relationships through targeted prospecting activities. Prospect for new relationships and identify potential face to face meeting candidates for the external sales executives.
- Partners with external Sales Executive and internal Sales Associate to create and execute on specific regional sales plans.
- Achieves sales and sales activity targets within the spirit of Vanguard's Code of Ethics.
- Raises awareness of Vanguard's investment products and related services and deliver key Vanguard messages through targeted prospecting activities including but not limited to: cold calling, direct mail campaigns, and attendance at national and regional industry conferences.
- Develops, maintains, and broadens intermediary relationships by thoroughly understanding the philosophy and dynamics of the advisor/organization (investment philosophy, client base, product preference, etc.) and acts as a trusted advisor/consultant in matching needs with Vanguard products and services. Educates advisors on the benefits of Vanguard and our product offerings.
- Develops a high level of expertise related to the capital markets, the investment management industry, and marketplace developments. Utilizes this expertise, along with product knowledge, to be a trusted advisor to clients and prospective clients, and positions Vanguard products and services effectively.
- Follow up on sales calls and provide external sales with telephone, administrative, and sales support.,
- Support development of National account strategy and follow up on dealer specific initiatives.
- Leads/participates in other projects/duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Minimum three years financial services industry experience including at least one year mutual fund wholesaling experience preferred.
- CSC required. Pursuit of CIM, MBA, or CFA preferred.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated executive presence, poise, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and adapt quickly and resourcefully to changing situations while traveling for business.
- Excellent relationship management skills.
- Thorough knowledge of investments and competitive environment. Familiarity with Vanguard a plus.
- Good working knowledge of PC and MS Office software. Understanding of CRM systems.
- Some Travel required.
How to Apply:
- COVID-19 Vaccine Policy - In accordance with Vanguard Investment Canada Inc. policy, all individuals entering a Canadian site (including but not limited to employees, visitors and contingent workers) must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Accommodation from these requirements for reasons pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code, or any other applicable law (mainly medical or religious reasons) will be reviewed and considered by Vanguard.
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
- Vanguard welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.