Manager, Exchange Traded Funds
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you're helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
Posting Closing Date:May 16, 2022
The RBC ETF product team is responsible for product development and management, of the RBC Exchange Traded Fund family, available to Canadian investment advisors, institutional investors, and individuals through the RBC iShares Strategic Alliance with BlackRock Canada. The Manager, ETFs is part of a team that is responsible for the product development of new RBC ETF products, as well as the ongoing product management of the existing suite of RBC ETFs. The efforts of the Manager, ETFs will be critical to the continued growth and innovation of the RBC ETF family. For more information, please visit: https://www.rbcgam.com/en/ca/
- Analyze business intelligence, including advisor and wholesaler feedback, market research, competitive information and business metrics to identify industry trends, and spot opportunities for new products or product improvements
- Lead product development and implementation of new ETF strategies by coordinating, prioritizing, and actively managing projects to meet timelines
- Present and communicate ideas or proposals to a range of internal audiences, including management
- Identify and address risks associated with new products to ensure adequate business review and appropriate governance procedures are followed
- Working with marketing, the Investment Products Advisory Group and sales, collaborate in the creation of sales communication for RBC ETFs, ensuring messaging is appropriate in the context of current market conditions, client needs and sales focus.
- Support to our sales teams as required, including responding to day to day inquiries and requests for product information and support
- Participate in special projects and performs other duties as assigned
- Interact with members of the portfolio management, sales, operations, legal and marketing teams, as well as members from the iShares ETF product team
- 5+ years' experience in an asset management context, ideally as a mutual fund or ETF product manager
- In depth knowledge of ETF mechanics and capital markets
- CFA or progress towards or equivalent experience or industry accreditation
- Resourceful, critical thinker who can prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced team-oriented environment
- Strong strategic, analytical and problems solving skills
Nice to Have:
- B.A./B.S. in Finance, Economics, Business Administration or other related field
- Experience using analytical tools such as Morningstar Direct and/or Bloomberg
How to Apply:
A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies
RBC is committed to supporting flexible work arrangements when and where available. Details to be discussed with Hiring Manager.
RBC requires as a condition of employment that all successful candidates in the United States and Canada be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date, and may require proof of the same. Reasonable accommodation is available where required by law.