Vice-President - Exchange Traded Fund - Distribution - Montreal (Bilingual)
Company:BMO Global Asset Management
Posting Closing Date:June 28, 2022
Sales and Service
- Drive sales of BMO ETFs in conjunction with a cohort of RSM's to meet and exceed annual plan targets.
- Foster a sales culture of goal achievement and superior customer satisfaction;
- Coordinate BMO ETF sales activities within the assigned region
- Provide ongoing sales support and product specific training to the assigned region's RSM team
- Partner with each of the region's RSM's to assist them in their individual BMO ETF sales efforts
- Assist each of the Regional RSMs in achieving their sales targets
- Champion all opportunities to enhance local financial advisors' BMO ETF product knowledge; represent and promote BMO ETFs and ETF-based products at conferences and forums.
- This role further collaborates with the BMO's multi-channel sales partners (Retail and Discount channels) to act as the subject matter expert with regard to BMO ETF products
- Create and manage advisor relationships within the assigned region to ensure optimum representation of BMO ETF solution set and products.
- Develop a database of qualified financial intermediaries within the region who have the potential to sell BMO ETF products.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with third party referral sources (i.e. brokers/dealers) to maximize BMO ETF market presence and increase our market share.
- Provide subject matter expertise to the senior sales management team on market conditions and trends to maintain a high level of environmental awareness.
- Ensure a thorough understanding of competitor activities to identify potential opportunities and threats
Planning & Strategy
- Implement the national sales plan within the geographic sales region including preparation and implementation of an annual territory business plan including promotional budget, to meet annual growth and retention targets.
- Provide strategic direction and business planning for BMO ETF products within the region.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of processes and procedures by identifying potential gaps and providing input and recommendations on Product launches and initiatives.
- Communicate regularly with sales management on regional sales strategies, priorities, sales targets performance standards, marketing plans and accomplishments.
Drives sales results for designated products through non-affiliated or third-party intermediaries such as brokerage firms or within BMO channels. Provides input to new product development.
Develops and executes sales strategy to achieve the desired business results
- Monitors sales results and provides coaching to achieve required business growth.
- Generally covers large-sized and/or moderately complex clients, prospects, territories, issues and relationships.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with intermediaries.
- Influences and negotiates to achieve business objectives.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Develops solutions and makes recommendations based on an understanding of the business strategy and stakeholder needs.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Manages day to day operational tasks to ensure necessary compliance activities are being completed according to established policies and procedures and mitigating risk appropriately
Develops, maintains and executes a business plan, including sales strategies, to achieve sales objectives and acquire new clients.
- Participates in industry and intermediary events to grow presence in the marketplace.
- Organizes and arranges regular conference calls and presentations, which are conducted either independently or in conjunction with portfolio managers to promote new strategies.
- Provides input to product development and marketing to grow the overall business.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Monitors and tracks performance, and addresses any issues.
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Helps determine business priorities and best sequence for execution of business/group strategy.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
- Demonstrates effective and timely use of the customer relationship management system and expense reporting system.
- Adheres to all compliance, regulatory, and legal guidelines.
- Operates at a group/enterprise-wide level and serves as a specialist resource to senior leaders and stakeholders.
- Applies expertise and thinks creatively to address unique or ambiguous situations and to find solutions to problems that can be complex and non-routine.
- Implements changes in response to shifting trends.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed
- Typically 7+ years of relevant experience and a post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bilingualism French and English required
- CFA or CIM designation required
- Advanced understanding of intermediary sales and the market.
- Seasoned professional with a combination of education, experience and industry knowledge.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Influence skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Collaboration & team skills; with a focus on cross-group collaboration - In-depth / Expert.
- Able to manage ambiguity.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth / Expert.
How to Apply:
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.