Senior Product Marketing Specialist - ETFs
Company:Franklin Templeton Investments
Franklin Templeton Investments is dedicated to one goal: delivering exceptional asset management for our shareholders. By bringing together multiple, world-class investment teams in a single firm, we're able to offer specialized expertise across styles and asset classes, all supported by the strength and resources of one of the world's largest asset managers. This has helped us to become a trusted partner to individual and institutional investors across the globe.
This position focuses on creating content for various initiatives that contribute to the broader sales and marketing strategy in Canada as well as other global markets. This includes helping to define deliverables from the strategic concept through the final approved piece. A keen eye towards simple storytelling will aid in helping make the products resonate with investors.
These marketing deliverables will be developed closely with key Business Leaders (especially with the Canadian Marketing team and also within Sales, Portfolio Management and Product Mgt) to help Franklin Templeton achieve its product and business goals. The deliverables may span all types of marketing tactics, including new product launches, event strategy and sponsorship, targeted lead generation email programs, thought leadership initiatives, and other forms of brand building promoted through social media and advertising. In partnership with the Canadian Marketing team, this role will help build the LibertyShares brand through the various multi-channel marketing programs this role will define and help execute.
As the ETF business is in start-up mode, this role will support a variety of responsibilities. Being part of a global team focused on our LibertyShares brand, this position will also collaborate with the various marketing teams throughout our shared services marketing division, Global Marketing Services, to create and deliver the ETF communications.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead the creation of relevant product stories that connect Franklin Templeton’s ETFs with client needs - across channels primarily in Canada, but also around the globe.
- Collaborate with Canadian Marketing team to develop overall ETF marketing strategy and plans for building the LibertyShares brand within the Canadian market; consult with regional marketing teams on their marketing strategies in an effort to drive global ETF business results.
- Craft meaningful articles and thought leadership related to the ETF market and our capabilities.
- Partner closely with ETF Business Leaders, ETF Capital Markets Specialists and ETF Sales Specialists to develop marketing and servicing materials, playing lead role in defining the messaging and tactical approach as necessary.
- Partner with PR to develop strategies and tactics to promote our ETF offering.
- Track and understand impact of activities deployed.
- Track competitors. Speak/present to trends, best in class, client needs and opportunities.
- Work independently, yet collaboratively, to develop scalable pitch and product support materials.
- Key to the role will be a strong knowledge of the ETF sales process (and client buying process), and ability to work in/leverage cross-functional teams that address target market needs. In addition to Sales, and Portfolio Management, this role will actively partner with other Marketing groups (Canada Marketing, Digital Marketing, Web Team, etc.), and Legal to create new materials for specific opportunities to support ETF business development efforts.
In addition, the position will partner with various internal groups (Corporate Communications, Advertising, etc.) to facilitate the development and execution of ETF advertising and PR/media initiatives to build firm and brand recognition in identified target markets.
Ideal candidates will have:
- 5-7+ years’ experience in investment product marketing/communication role working with senior investment professionals and product teams
- Knowledge of investment concepts, and ETFs specifically
- Knowledge of regulatory and industry rules, guidelines, and standards critical
- Exposure to multiple client types (e.g., Institutional, Retail, non-U.S.) strongly desired
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a major in economics, business, or marketing. MBA a plus
- Other industry qualifications/licenses a plus
- ETF market and industry knowledge, and ability to demonstrate this understanding in the creation and execution of marketing materials
- Functional knowledge of investment concepts with the ability to apply those concepts to the development of compelling product stories, content, and materials
- Strong verbal and writing skills with a demonstrated ability to write for different audiences and mediums (e.g., print, Web) to ensure effective, consistent messaging and branding
- Demonstrated track record of success in executing strategic communications plans, including:
- Creative development of a wide range of prospecting and servicing marketing materials (e.g., sales presentation pitch books, product profiles/fact sheets etc.)
- Management of compliance oversight and coordination to ensure all materials adhere to established policies, procedures, and controls in place for audit purposes
- Superior project management skills, with demonstrated proficiency in establishing and driving complex projects from inception through to completion
- Adaptable to changing priorities, new requests, innovative approaches to work flow, and working under tight deadlines
- Experience working with cross-functional and multi-channel teams within a large, Global organization (e.g., sales/marketing, client service, management, legal, performance, and graphics)
- A true team player, translating prior knowledge and experience into strong and productive relationships internally and externally
- Assertive, strong examples of "leadership" capabilities/strengths in facilitating projects, overcoming obstacles and challenges (i.e., problem-solving experience)
How to Apply:
Click the link below to apply: