Relationship Manager, Business Development
Company:Fundata Canada Inc.
Fundata Canada Inc. is a multi-national financial data distributor and investment fund data and analytics company. The information we provide currently reaches thousands of advisors, millions of investors, and scores of institutions every day through our network of media and corporate clients across North America. Our customized services and solutions provide excellent solutions for a multitude of financial institutions across North America.
Location:Toronto - 401 and Leslie area, ON
Posting Closing Date:December 26, 2021
Fundata is looking for a full-time Relationship Manager to join our Business Development team. This person will be accountable to the Vice President Client Relations & Business Development to produce sales and manage client relationships. The Relationship Manager will have responsibility for a portfolio of clients and will work with the Business Development team to achieve the organization's revenue targets. This is a mid to senior level position.
- Maintain ongoing liaison with key industry contacts and manage a portfolio of clients to ensure optimum servicing and reoccurring sales.
- Professionally handle client inquiries and requests to ensure client satisfaction by working cooperatively with departmental staff members and providing information and top-class solutions to any issues or needs.
- Research industry trends and novel products similar to that of Fundata Canada to obtain understanding of the competitive environment.
- Travel alone or alongside a colleague to meet with clients and attend conferences as required to practice continued learning and network with current and potential clients.
- Demonstrated industry and product knowledge.
- An excellent command of the English language, both written and verbal. Command of the French language considered an asset, but not mandatory.
- A strong drive to succeed along with a team focused attitude - a desire to work alongside others on the team to achieve revenue targets. A passion for excellence in client service and sales performance.
- A dynamic and passionate presenter.
- A demonstrated ability to persuade and negotiate through consultation and active listening skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to connect genuinely with others and build meaningful relationships.
- Proven sales acumen, business development and prospecting aptitude.
- Execution of a repeatable and measurable sales process.
- Comfortable with travel within Ontario as well as across the country.
- Ability to prioritize with excellent time management skills to manage multiple projects at one time, and schedule time to work on both operations and sales strategy.
- Demonstrated attention to detail with evidenced ability to use balanced judgment and problem solve.
- Excellent command of MS Office Products and previous regular user of Salesforce.
- A university degree in a related field is required - MBA considered an asset, but not mandatory.
- A minimum of 10 years in a Sales or Business Development position.
- A minimum of 5 years in the financial/mutual fund industry.
- Established positive connections within the financial/mutual fund industry
How to Apply:
Candidates of interest will move through the following stages:
- Virtual interview with the Human Capital Operations Manager & the Vice President Client Relations & Business Development
- In-person or virtual interview with the Vice President Client Relations & Business Development & the President