Vice President, ETF Product Management and Strategy
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals.
Posting Closing Date:January 24, 2023
BlackRock's Canadian ETF Product team is responsible for development of new ETFs in Canada as
well as enhancements/changes to existing products. The team collaborates closely with partners
from across the organization, including portfolio management, legal, operations, capital markets, tax,
sales, and marketing to successfully design, build and commercialize ETFs.
All members of the Canadian ETF team are expected to bring leadership, energy, creativity and
enthusiasm with the willingness to do whatever is required to deliver on our core objectives, operate
consistently with the BlackRock principles, and foster a collegial, curious, and high performing
Reporting to the Head of iShares Canada Product & Markets, this role will focus on managing the
Canadian product strategy and pipeline, as well as leading the design of new products and product
- Develop a coherent product strategy by integrating a broad mosaic of inputs, including
- client feedback, market trends, regulatory and tax changes, firm-level priorities, and other qualitative and quantitative inputs. Build and present detailed business cases for specific new products and enhancements.
- Partner with other product and business strategy teams within the firm
- Present and communicate ideas or proposals to a range of internal audiences, including management
New Product & Enhancement Design
- Apply a deep understanding of investing principles and ETF mechanics (including Canadian tax and regulatory considerations), to design new products and product enhancements
- Collaborate across internal stakeholders with respect to product design/enhancement decisions and lead internal socialization.
- Ensure product designs achieve commercial requirements. Shepherd new products and initiatives through the organization, including internal review processes.
- Partner closely with legal as applicable to provide input and into prospectuses and other key regulatory documents and processes
- BA / BS in Finance, Economics, Commerce or similar field required. MBA or Master's degree
- Minimum 7-10 years of Canadian asset management industry experience and robust understanding of the commercial landscape of the industry.
- In-depth familiarity with ETF mechanics across investment processes, capital markets, operations, regulations, and tax.
- Ability to communicate clearly on both technical and business subjects and build common understanding across various stakeholders.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external partners and to work effectively at many different levels of an organization.
- Resourceful, proactive and able to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced team-oriented environment.
- Expert knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint a requirement
How to Apply:
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer..
We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a
manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.