ETFs Research Analyst
Company:Horizons ETFs Management (Canada) Inc.
Posting Closing Date:December 31, 2022
Due to our rapid growth in the Canadian ETF Market, we are looking for a Junior ETF Research Analyst-contract role, to join our Product team. This is an opportunity to join Canada's most innovative ETF provider.
The successful candidate will help to evolve and grow the Horizons suite of ETFs to meet the changing needs of the markets. This position is for someone who is passionate about ETF related initiatives. You must develop and become a subject matter expert in the growing family of Horizons ETF products.
- Extensive use of Bloomberg, Morningstar Direct and Microsoft Excel to provide data support for product and marketing teams
- Provide quantitative research on index products and investment trends
- Complete daily performance and analytics reporting for assigned Horizon's ETF products
- Assist in the development of reports and presentations with the Marketing Team
- Provide data analytics support for Horizons website
- Assist members of the Horizons Sales Team with ad hoc data requests as well as broader business strategy
- Assist Senior Management in the evaluation of new investment product opportunities and existing product offerings
- Collaborate with global teams in the sharing of pertinent information
- Assist in the development of financial models for ETF industry analysis
- Assist in the due diligence processes of Active ETF management, including analysis of third-party sub advisors
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher preferably in Statistics, Finance, Computer Science or other quantitative field.
- Advanced degree or working towards is preferred.
- Completion of or enrolment in a financial services program leading to a designation is an asset. (ie: CSC or CFA)
- VBA programming experience is an asset
- Prior experience in financial services is preferred. Recent graduates will need to have credential and education in finance-related fields
- Experience as quantitative analyst within the financial services industry is a plus but not necessary
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong personal skills and the ability to work effectively within a team environment under time constraints
- Ability to prioritize requests and manage multiple projects under the direction of a supervisor
- Strong computer literacy with emphasis on Excel, Bloomberg and PowerPoint Presentation software
- Highly motivated with a combination of strong financial/analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of and interest in financial markets
How to Apply:
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic we are currently working under a hybrid model.
*A successful candidate would be required to comply with Horizons ETFs vaccination policy prior to their start date.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Horizons ETFs is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to providing a respectful, welcoming and accessible environment for all people. All employment decisions at Horizons ETFs are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to sexual orientation, gender identity, race, religion, colour, age, marital status or disabilities.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. During the hiring process, for those job applicants selected for interviews, any required accommodation will be provided. If the successful candidate requires accommodations, an individual accommodation plan will be established and the proper adjustments will be made to support them.