Posting Closing Date
July 31, 2023
The TMX group of companies includes leading global exchanges such as the Toronto Stock Exchange, Montreal Exchange, and numerous innovative organizations enhancing capital markets.
United as a global team, we’re connecting cross-functionally, traversing industries and geographies, moving opportunity into action, advancing global economic growth, and propelling progress. Through a rich exchange of ideas, meaningful collaboration, and a nimble operating model, we’re powering some of the nation’s most critical systems, fueling capital formation and innovation, bringing increased opportunity to business visionaries, product ingenuity to consumers, and career exploration to our team.
TMX Group is at the heart of the capital markets industry in Canada. TMX Group owns and operates the Toronto Stock Exchange, TSX Venture Exchange, TSX Alpha Exchange, Montreal Exchange, Trayport Holdings, in addition to the Canadian Depository for Securities & Canadian Derivatives Clearing Corporation. We also operate globally diverse lines of businesses in Issuer Support (TSX Trust), Data Delivery & Analytics (TMX Datalinx and TMX Insights) and Fixed Income Brokerages & TSX Private Markets (Shorcan). TMX has offices in Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, Vancouver, London, New York, Houston & Beijing.
Datalinx is responsible to implement and lead all aspects of a cohesive TMX enterprise approach to innovative technology and data driven solutions. The purpose is to build a richer client experience across the capital markets community by providing ready access to data and analytics products. Datalinx works in collaboration across all TMX business areas to develop and deliver solutions and strategies that benefit the organization at large. The three components of the business include:
– Product Development: This includes solutions delivered by TMX directly, in partnership with others, or via external platforms
– Platform Strategy and Management: TMX will bring products and channels together to create an interactive client community that will serve to inform and encourage new effective solutions
– Insights & Analytics: The design, creation and delivery of new data-driven solutions and capabilities across our entire business
The Director, Benchmarks & Indices is accountable for defining and implementing Datalinx overall indices & benchmarks product strategy to accelerate growth of the business. This includes outlining the global business needs across all client segments for indices & benchmark products (including asset owner and managers, ETF issuers, capital markets participants and corporations), defining and prioritizing new product plans and requirements, ensuring new products satisfy market needs, and working closely with technology, sales and marketing in carrying out delivery.
The individual will own and lead the indices & benchmarks P&L with a goal of achieving revenue and profitability growth across the product line. Additionally, the Head will manage all aspects of TMX’s relationship with S&P Dow Jones Indices.
- Design, develop and implement product strategies to achieve product and commercial objectives
- Develop and drive product results/KPIs, including product excellence, revenue and net contribution, as well as usage and market penetration
- Lead and maintain relationships with product partners (internal and external)
- Act as the champion of indices & benchmark products, including being the ‘one- stop-shop’ for information on products, the global addressable market and product competitors
- Lead and participate on the vital TMX teams to help craft, develop, price and launch successful index & benchmarks products
- Optimally and appropriately connect with all stakeholders regarding product changes, performance or other key client/competitor issues.
- Lead product development resources as required to achieve the index & benchmarks product strategy.
What Will You Bring
- Minimum of 7 years of product management experience, preferably in the area of financial market data products and/or financial investment products
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, mathematics or technology
- CFA certified and MBA preferred
- A solid understanding of the investment lifecycle and the role indices & benchmarks play across the investment lifecycle
- Experience with portfolio construction and management processes across public and private assets, and the associated data requirements and benchmarking process for different asset types.
- Deep understanding and experience within the securities industry, including trading, technology and related functions and knowledge of how broker/dealers, buy side firms traders, analysts, advisors, retail investors and other industry partners apply indices and benchmarks products
- Ability to foster and develop positive relationships with internal team members and external business partners
- Validated skills and experience in quantitative analysis and/or financial engineering skills in financial products
- Strong attention to detail and effective communication
- Self-starter with the ability to work in a dynamic and fast paced team environment
- Excellent presentation abilities, including experience presenting to colleagues, management, executive management, clients and partners
How To Apply
Click Here to Apply
In the market for…
Excitement – Explore emerging technology and innovation, as well as ventures and digital finance that shape the future of global markets! Experience the movement of the market while grounded in the stability of close to 200 years of success.
Connection – With site hubs in some of the world’s most multicultural cities, we leverage our size and structure to create rich connections and belonging while experiencing powerful global impact through our work.
Impact – More than a platform, we use our talents to power mission-critical systems that drive global economic advancement, innovation, and growth. As well, our employee-led Team Impact spreads social good via our giving strategy.
Wellness – From empathetic leadership to a culture of flexibility and balance, we believe wellness at work creates the maximum yield and a stronger “we”. Plus, with a cloud-first and hybrid workstyle, as well as generous time-off and leaves, we support a life well lived!
Growth – From a growth mindset in our work, to expansion in our business, TMX is home to action-takers energized by the achievement of ambitious growth.