Posting Closing Date
December 14, 2022
Due to our rapid growth in the Canadian ETF Market we are looking for a Fund Accountant,, to join our Fund Accounting Team. This is an opportunity to join Canada’s most innovative ETF provider.
The successful candidate will assist in the day-to-day accounting and financial reporting for 100+ ETF products managed by Horizons ETFs Management (Canada) Inc. (HEMI). This role involves, among other things, review of financial statements, commentaries and annual reports. The position will report to the VP, Operations and the Chief Operating Officer. This position fosters a culture of performance and accountability.
Provide Fund Oversight:
- Provide oversight on NAV and INAV calculations from service provider
- Prepare and assist with monthly internal and external reporting
- Assist with issues related to fund valuations and fund reporting
- Support in the implementation of complex transactions, product launches and other initiatives
Support the production of fund financial reporting:
- Support in the preparation and production of the interim and annual financial statement, and management reports of fund performance (MRFP)
- Review financial statement working papers from external provider
- Prepare and review calculations for notes to the financial statement and MRFPs
- Assist in responding to fund audit requests
- Assist with calculations of fund distributions and tax reporting:
Assist with the calculation of monthly/quarterly distributions
- Prepare the calculation of monthly distributions, rebates, mgmt. fees and admin. fees
- Assist with the calculation of year-end distributions of income, capital gains and related tax issues
- Prepare annual T3 factors to internal and external parties and other CRA filings as required
- Post-secondary degree in related field (i.e. Accounting/Finance)
- Accounting designation(s) are recommended
- Investment accounting experience
- Securities industry knowledge and experiences with ETF accounting an asset
- MS Office proficiency with strong understanding of spreadsheets and ability to create formulae
- Experience in a fund accounting, financial statement preparation related position
- Organized, analytical, action oriented individual with strong planning and support skills
- Ability to process and apply new skills and concepts quickly
- Able to work with precision and meet tight deadlines
- Sound knowledge of IFRS – International Financial Reporting Standards
How To Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic we are currently working under a hybrid model.
*A successful candidate would be required to comply with Horizons ETFs vaccination policy prior to their start date.
Horizons ETFs is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to providing a respectful, welcoming and accessible environment for all people. All employment decisions at Horizons ETFs are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to sexual orientation, gender identity, race, religion, colour, age, marital status or disabilities.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. During the hiring process, for those job applicants selected for interviews, any required accommodation will be provided. If the successful candidate requires accommodations, an individual accommodation plan will be established and the proper adjustments will be made to support them.