Posting Closing Date
December 31, 2023
18 Month Contract
This is an opportunity to join Canada’s most innovative ETF provider as a contract Human Resources Manager. The HR Manager will represent Horizons ETFs and our company by leading multiple personnel and financial activities relating to company’s HR functions. You will be the main point of contact for all HR and payroll related tasks and inquires for a dynamic and collaborative team. Integrity and strong attention to detail, as well as multitasking and flexibility are crucial for this role.
– Develop and review HR policies and procedures in-line with employment legislation and HQ initiatives, monitoring for industry trends, and ensuring employee policy awareness through training and development.
– Meticulously maintain employee files and related data according to policy and legal/tax compliance.
– Accurately track staff vacation and absences, including multi-department approvals.
– Appropriately address HR issues and complaints, support management in workplace investigations, disciplinary actions, and termination procedures.
– Responsible for effectively managing HR initiatives, programs, and activities.
– Manage all aspects of employee recruitment and selection process.
– Develop and monitor overall HR strategies, driving continuous improvement across the organization.
– Liase with third-party Group RRSP provider, coordinating reporting and reconciliations.
– Oversee and manage internal performance appraisal system, partnering with senior management team to ensure performance management in support of high-performance culture.
Payroll & Benefits:
– Ownership of all day-to-day payroll functions, including coordination with external provider.
– Safeguard employee data and ensure strict confidentiality in all communications.
– Conduct reconciliations to confirm appropriate external payroll administration, prepare analysis and reports including coordination with accounting team for entries accruals and analysis.
– Responsible for maintaining internal controls and governance around the payroll process.
– Process year-end transactions, reconciliation, and reporting.
– Lead group benefits oversight and manage internal inquiries, communicating with third-party partners, evaluate benefit plans and resolve employee benefit-related issues.
What Will You Bring
– Detail oriented and works with high degree of accuracy.
– Extensive knowledge of benefits programs, policies, procedures, and applicable legislation.
– In-depth payroll expertise including, PCP designation an asset
– Ability to safeguard confidential information.
– Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company.
– Highly organized and flexible.
– Ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced working environment.
– Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel and Word) and any HRIS system.
– Undergraduate degree in Human Resources Management and CHRP designation.
– 5+ years’ experience in a similar role
How To Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Horizons ETFs is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to providing a respectful, welcoming and accessible environment for all people. All employment decisions at Horizons ETFs are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to sexual orientation, gender identity, race, religion, color, age, marital status or disabilities.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. During the hiring process, for those job applicants selected for interviews, any required accommodation will be provided. If the successful candidate requires accommodations, an individual accommodation plan will be established and the proper adjustments will be made to support them.