Posting Closing Date
April 28, 2023
Who We Are
At Franklin Templeton, everything we do is focused on one thing – delivering better client outcomes. We do that by partnering closely with our clients, assessing their strategic needs, and identifying the solution or solutions that can meet the challenge. Over 9,500 employees working in 30 countries around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 155 countries. For more than 75 years our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
Our Global ETF Platform consists of over $12B (USD) AUM across 100+ products in Canada, US, Europe and Australia with over 50 dedicated ETF professionals across Sales, Product, Capital Markets, Marketing and Operations.
The Institutional ETF Associate will report into the Senior Vice President – Head of Institutional ETF Distribution in Canada.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of the Institutional ETF Associate?
Primary goal of this function is to generate and retain assets within Franklin Templeton’s (FT) ETF product suite across the institutional market in Canada.
The Institutional ETF Associate will accomplish this by prospecting asset owners, asset managers, endowments & foundations, consultants and family offices. The candidate will also partner with Canadian broader institutional team and engage with the Global ETF team.
This position requires an extensive background in the ETF space, with a high level of knowledge around capital markets, competitors, ETF industry knowledge, understanding platforms, and portfolio construction using ETFs. Additional responsibilities will include ongoing interaction with the institutional sales team and building and maintaining productive relationships with FT’s product, marketing, and investment teams.
You will be primarily responsible for:
- Engage with existing and prospective clients to increase AUM withing our ETF platform.
- Conduct virtual and face to face meetings developing relationships with Canadian institutional clients and prospects.
- Partner and engage with the broader institutional sales team and Global ETF team.
- Maintaining knowledge of industry related topics and investment insights.
- Respond to complex product and market event questions and performance issues.
- Identifying and organizing industry and competitive data.
- Maintaining updated activity logs in contact management system and work with Sales Management on various project initiatives.
- Attend and host conferences and event representing the Franklin Templeton ETF team
What ideal qualifications, skills & experience would help someone to be successful?
- 3+ years of industry experience
- ETF related experience within either a sales, product, or investment role is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA and/or CIMA, CFA preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, French proficiency is preferred.
- Self-driven with ability to build manage key internal and external relationships.
- Strong investment acumen.
- Knowledge of relevant tools including Morningstar and Bloomberg.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Comfortable with minimal travel.
What makes Franklin Templeton unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards—the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include:
- Flexible medical, dental and vision insurance
- Corporate Pension Plan
- Employee Stock Investment Program
- Purchase company funds with no sales charge
- Competitive vacation package that includes three annual personal days
- Company paid short-term and long-term Disability Insurance
- Education assistance
Franklin Templeton Investments Corp. is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities. An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values, and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals.
Franklin Templeton is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment. If you believe that you need an accommodation to search for, or apply for, one of our positions please send an email to accommodations@FranklinTempleton.com . In your email, please include the accommodation you are requesting and the job title and job number you are applying for. It may take up to three business days to receive a response to your request. Please note that only requests for accommodations will receive a response.