Posting Closing Date
December 31, 2023
At Franklin Templeton, everything we do is focused on one thing – delivering better client outcomes. We do that by partnering closely with our clients, assessing their strategic needs, and identifying the solution or solutions that can meet the challenge. Over 9,500 employees working in 30 countries around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 155 countries. For more than 75 years our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
Job Description & Responsibilities
This position is available in Toronto, Calgary or Vancouver!
What is the Global ETF Distribution Team responsible for?
The global ETF team is responsible for growing and expanding our ETF business in four distinct regions (Canada, US, Europe, and Asia) by providing differentiated equity products and leading fixed income solutions to financial professionals and institutions.
What is the VP – ETF Business Development responsible for?
The primary goal of this role is to generate and retain assets within Franklin Templeton’s (FT) ETF product suite. The VP – ETF Business Development will accomplish this through partnering with Canada-based distribution channels to complement their existing efforts and directly engaging with investment advisors that primarily or exclusively use ETFs.
This position requires an extensive background in the ETF space, with a high level of knowledge around capital markets, competitors, ETF industry knowledge, and an understanding of platforms, and portfolio construction using ETFs. Additional responsibilities will include ongoing interaction with the retail sales team and building and maintaining productive relationships with FT’s product, marketing, and investment teams.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of a VP – ETF Business Development?
- Managing a channel or territory to generate sales and revenue to meet objectives.
- Managing and developing relationships with key investment advisors in territory and partnering with local FT sales team to drive ETF sales.
- Educate, train, and interact with other distribution areas and partners within Franklin Templeton to enhance awareness of the ETF offerings.
- Maintaining knowledge of industry related topics and maintain proficiencies in delivering value-added presentations to advisor and other audiences.
- Maintaining updated activity logs in contact management system and work with Sales Management on various project initiatives
What ideal qualifications, skills and experience would help someone to be successful?
- 5+ years of experience in a field consulting/sales role within the investment industry.
- 5+ years ETF related experience within either a sales, product, or investment role.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA and/or CIMA, CFA preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-driven with ability to build and manage key internal and external relationships.
- Experience developing and implementing sales and marketing business plans.
- Strong investment acumen and background.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Comfortable with extensive travel
What makes Franklin Templeton unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards—the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights Of Our Benefits Include
- Flexible medical, dental and vision insurance
- Corporate Pension Plan
- Employee Stock Investment Program
- Purchase company funds with no sales charge
- Competitive vacation package that includes three annual personal days
- Company paid short-term and long-term Disability Insurance
- Education assistance
Franklin Templeton Investments Corp. is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities. An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values, and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals.
Franklin Templeton is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment. If you believe that you need an accommodation to search for, or apply for, one of our positions please send an email to accommodations@FranklinTempleton.com . In your email, please include the accommodation you are requesting and the job title and job number you are applying for. It may take up to three business days to receive a response to your request. Please note that only requests for accommodations will receive a response.