CETFA In the News
- Michael Cook's Opening Remarks at the Mindpath 2021 Conference
Nov 15th, 2021
- Your Guide to ETF Investing - Fall 2021
Oct 13th, 2021
The Fall edition of the Your Guide to ETF Investing magazine
- Webinar: How ETFs Became the Gold Standard of Index Exposure
Dec 2nd, 2020
- Canadian ETF Watch
Mar 10th, 2020
This is the first issue of this magazine of a partnership between CETFA and CIFPs.
- Your Guide to ETF Investing Winter 2020
Feb 18th, 2020
- 3rd Annual Canadian Funds Summit
May 4th, 2017
- AGF Investments Joins CETFA
May 2nd, 2017
The Canadian ETF Association ("CETFA") is pleased to announce that AGF Investments Inc. ("AGF") has joined the Association.
- CETFA Congratulates Brent Vandermeer
Jun 8th, 2016
The Canadian ETF Association presented the first CETFA ETF Champion of the Year award to Brent Vandermeer, CIM, FCSI of Vandermeer Wealth Management â€“ HollisWealth, at the 2016 Canadian Wealth Professional Awards.
- Your Guide to ETF Investing - Spring 2016 Edition
May 11th, 2016
The most recent edition of the informative magazine Globe and Mail insert. http://tinyurl.com/gwhxqyy
- 2nd Annual Canadian Funds Summit
Apr 1st, 2016
CETFA is pleased to have partnered with the 2nd Annual Canadian Funds Summit at the Sheraton Centre Toronto on May 10-11th.
- CETFA is sponsoring a Research Award at the Northern Finance Association
Jan 27th, 2016
The CETFA is sponsoring a Research award at the Northern Finance Association (www.northernfinance.org) - the topic of which is ETFs in Asset Management. The Northern Finance Association has had 25 years of fall forums at which finance academics, professionals, and PhD students from throughout North America and around the world gather to hear and present the latest research in all areas of finance. The prize we are offering is $5,000 so we are hoping that will encourage a great many academics to make a submission.
- The CETFA sponsors the ETF Champion of the Year award through Wealth Professional
Nov 6th, 2015
The award of excellence if for an individual, group or firm whose efforts have gone beyond the requirements of their position to advance the ETF industry in Canada; whose contributions to the industry over the past year have been outstanding. The winner will be recognized as the champion of the ETF industry.
- Active ETFs Gain in Canada in Challenge to Mutual Funds
Jul 2nd, 2015
Actively managed exchange-traded funds are surging in Canada, posing a challenge to the mutual fund industry that has the highest management fees in the world.
Responses & Statement Papers
- CETFA response to the CSA Consultation Paper 25-402 - SRO Framework
Oct 26th, 2020
CETFA believes that it will be beneficial to the public to merge the IIROC and the MFDA to reduce regulatory requirements, avoid duplication of efforts, reduce costs and most importantly, result in a better investor experience.
- CETFA's Submission - Modernizing Ontario's Capital Markets
Sep 6th, 2020
CETFA responded to the Government of Ontario in order to provide comments and certain proposed changes that we believe would help modernize Ontario's capital markets with respect to exchange-traded funds.
- CSA Mutual Fund Risk Classification Methodology for Use in Fund Facts and ETF Facts
Mar 9th, 2016
CETFA agrees with the substance and purpose of the Proposed Amendments, and generally supports the key changes made to the earlier version of the proposed methodology that was published on December 12, 2013.
- Ontario Government Expert Panel on Financial Planning - CETFA's Response
Sep 30th, 2015
- CETFA comments on MFDA's Consultation Document for Procificiency Standards for ETFs
Sep 21st, 2015
- CETFA Comments on the CSA's Proposed Disclosure Document for ETFs
Sep 21st, 2015
- CETFA makes a submission to IIROC on their Proficiency Consultation Paper
Nov 14th, 2014
CETFA makes a submission to IIROC on their Consultation Paper, Proficiency Assurance: The Next Phase Consultation Relating to Expiry of CSI Contract.
- CETFA agrees with the Cooperative Capital Markets Regulatory System
Oct 4th, 2013
The CETFA supports the recently announced cooperative capital markets regulatory system.
- IOSCO - Principles for the Regulation of Exchange Traded Funds - Final Report
Jun 24th, 2013
IOSCO published the final report on Principles for the Regulation of Exchange Traded Funds containing nine principles intended to guide the regulation of ETFs.
- CETFA Submission - IOSCO Consultation Report: Principles for the Regulation of Exchange Traded Funds
Jun 27th, 2012
The CETFA made a submission to IOSCO in response to their consultation report CETFA Submission - IOSCO Consultation Report: Principles for the Regulation of Exchange Traded Funds. The final report will be released by IOSCO in the fall of 2012.
- Submission to the CSA
Sep 23rd, 2011
Cost Disclosure and Performance Reporting of Investment Funds in the Proposed Amendments to NI 31-103 Registration Requirements and Exemptions