CETFA In the News
AGF Investments Joins CETFA
The Canadian ETF Association ("CETFA") is pleased to announce that AGF Investments Inc. ("AGF") has joined the Association. "We are pleased to welcome AGF as the newest member of the CETFA," said Pat Dunwoody, Executive Director of the Canadian ETF Association. "As our membership continues to grow, we remain committed to representing the ETF industry and providing Canadian investors with access to information and resources about the benefits of ETF investing." "With the launch of AGFiQ and our offering of ETF solutions, we believe we are bringing to market a differentiated and unique experience for Canadian investors. Our objective is to provide better risk-adjusted returns by utilizing a flexible, multi-factor process centered on the principle of viewing risk through multiple lenses," said Jay Bhutani, Senior Vice-President, Head of ETF Strategy, AGF Investment Inc. "As we enter this space, we are pleased to join the CETFA and support the work they do to educate investors and give a voice to the Canadian ETF industry." ETFs in Canada finished 2016 with $114B in assets, an increase of nearly $25B over the previous year and growth rate of approximately 20%1. With their current membership, the CETFA represents 95% of the Canadian ETF AUM.
Responses & Statement Papers
- CETFA response to the CSA Consultation Paper 25-402 - SRO Framework
Oct 26th, 2020
CETFA believes that it will be beneficial to the public to merge the IIROC and the MFDA to reduce regulatory requirements, avoid duplication of efforts, reduce costs and most importantly, result in a better investor experience.
- CETFA's Submission - Modernizing Ontario's Capital Markets
Sep 6th, 2020
CETFA responded to the Government of Ontario in order to provide comments and certain proposed changes that we believe would help modernize Ontario's capital markets with respect to exchange-traded funds.
- CSA Mutual Fund Risk Classification Methodology for Use in Fund Facts and ETF Facts
Mar 9th, 2016
CETFA agrees with the substance and purpose of the Proposed Amendments, and generally supports the key changes made to the earlier version of the proposed methodology that was published on December 12, 2013.
- Ontario Government Expert Panel on Financial Planning - CETFA's Response
Sep 30th, 2015
- CETFA comments on MFDA's Consultation Document for Procificiency Standards for ETFs
Sep 21st, 2015
- CETFA Comments on the CSA's Proposed Disclosure Document for ETFs
Sep 21st, 2015
- CETFA makes a submission to IIROC on their Proficiency Consultation Paper
Nov 14th, 2014
CETFA makes a submission to IIROC on their Consultation Paper, Proficiency Assurance: The Next Phase Consultation Relating to Expiry of CSI Contract.
- CETFA agrees with the Cooperative Capital Markets Regulatory System
Oct 4th, 2013
The CETFA supports the recently announced cooperative capital markets regulatory system.
- IOSCO - Principles for the Regulation of Exchange Traded Funds - Final Report
Jun 24th, 2013
IOSCO published the final report on Principles for the Regulation of Exchange Traded Funds containing nine principles intended to guide the regulation of ETFs.
- CETFA Submission - IOSCO Consultation Report: Principles for the Regulation of Exchange Traded Funds
Jun 27th, 2012
The CETFA made a submission to IOSCO in response to their consultation report CETFA Submission - IOSCO Consultation Report: Principles for the Regulation of Exchange Traded Funds. The final report will be released by IOSCO in the fall of 2012.
- Submission to the CSA
Sep 23rd, 2011
Cost Disclosure and Performance Reporting of Investment Funds in the Proposed Amendments to NI 31-103 Registration Requirements and Exemptions