Posting Closing Date
December 13, 2022
As a Manager in the Canadian Corporate Tax practice, specifically in the Asset Management group, you will work closely with the KPMG Leadership team on tax reporting, tax compliance preparation, and tax planning and advisory initiatives. Your organizational skills will enable you to direct the work of junior staff, including reviewing their work for accuracy and completeness.
- An opportunity to lead small, medium and large sized client engagements
- Reviewing work for junior staff to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Providing ongoing support and mentoring for the professional development of staff
- As a key member of our team you will have considerable opportunities to interact with our clients directly and form part of their extended team as you work closely with them
- Engagement planning, organizing teams to deliver on investment fund tax engagement mandates which span the investment fund’s tax life cycle: tax planning, tax accounting, tax compliance and tax controversy
- Learn and participate in engagements that include tax planning and controversy management
- Opportunities to work on engagements that cover US, International and Indirect Tax
- Minimum of 4 years tax experience from a public accounting firm
- Completion of In-Depth Part I and enrolled in In-Depth Part II or Part III
- Excellent people management skills
- Proven leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to research utilizing electronic tax tools.
- Provide others with opportunities to take on new challenges and responsibilities.
- Ability to manage conflicting demands and priorities.
- Train and mentor junior staff
- Ability to implements processes and procedures to help create efficiencies
- Ability to identify and resolve challenges while keeping in mind practicalities and costs.
- Negotiates effectively by identifying common ground and potential solutions that are beneficial to all parties
- Excellent client service skills with the ability to understand the clients’ businesses
How To Apply
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.
- Integrity, we do what is right
- Excellence, we never stop learning and improving
- Courage, we think and act boldly
- Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences
- For Better, we do what matters
KPMG is committed to the health and safety of our people, clients and communities. With this commitment in mind, KPMG complies with all public health mandates (provincially and/or federally, as applicable) and has implemented various safety measures, including a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. KPMG’s COVID 19 Vaccination Policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated if they wish to or are required to attend a KPMG office and/or other congregate settings in the course of their duties (such as client sites or third-party venues).
As this role requires occasional or consistent attendance at a KPMG office and/or congregate setting, the successful candidate must be fully vaccinated (i.e. have received all doses that are recommended by Health Canada, including any boosters) and must provide KPMG with proof of vaccination. KPMG will provide reasonable accommodation if the successful candidate cannot be vaccinated due to grounds protected by human rights legislation in their province of employment.
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.