Posting Closing Date
May 22, 2023
The Director, Regional Sales ETFs is responsible for selling and servicing BMO ETFs and ETF-based mutual funds in an assigned geographic region, assisting BMO GAM in meeting annual plan sales and revenue targets.
The role is responsible for developing sales of BMO ETFs and related ETF based products through direct sales activity and through multi-channel partnerships in the assigned region. A core component of the position is creating effective partnerships with the assigned BMO Global Asset Management Regional Sales Managers (RSMs). The ETF Specialist role provides the RSMs with sales support, promotional assistance and education on BMO ETFs and other BMO ETF related products.
Sales and Service Relationship Management Planning
Sales and Service
- Drive sales of BMO ETFs in conjunction with a cohort of RSM’s to meet and exceed annual plan targets
- Foster a sales culture of goal achievement and superior customer satisfaction;
- Coordinate BMO ETF sales activities within the assigned region
- Provide ongoing sales support and product specific training to the assigned region’s RSM team
- Partner with each of the region’s RSM’s to assist them in their individual BMO ETF sales efforts
- Assist each of the Regional RSMs in achieving their sales targets
- Champion all opportunities to enhance local financial advisors’ BMO ETF product knowledge; represent and promote BMO ETFs and ETF-based products at conferences and forums.
- This role further collaborates with the BMO’s multi-channel sales partners (Retail and Discount channels) to act as the subject matter expert with regard to BMO ETF products.
- Create and manage advisor relationships within the assigned region to ensure optimum representation of BMO ETF solution set and products.
- Develop a database of qualified financial intermediaries within the region who have the potential to sell BMO ETF products.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with third party referral sources (i.e. brokers/dealers) to maximize BMO ETF market presence and increase our market share.
- Provide subject matter expertise to the senior sales management team on market conditions and trends to maintain a high level of environmental awareness.
- Ensure a thorough understanding of competitor activities to identify potential opportunities and threats.
Planning & Strategy
- Implement the national sales plan within the geographic sales region including preparation and implementation of an annual territory business plan including promotional budget, to meet annual growth and retention targets.
- Provide strategic direction and business planning for BMO ETF products within the region.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of processes and procedures by identifying potential gaps and providing input and recommendations on Product launches and initiatives.
- Communicate regularly with sales management on regional sales strategies, priorities, sales targets, performance standards, marketing plans and accomplishments.
- The role has authority to access and utilize all ETF product and Financial information (where applicable)
- Sales & Service – The role has authority to request and apply product knowledge information from other functional areas of BMO Global Asset Management as required in order to serve customers
- Coordinating – This role works with other areas of BMO Financial Group as needed to help generate ETF and other sales, and liaises with external network groups to understand the competitive landscape and other company product offerings, and to improve product offerings
Scope and Impact:
This role has direct impact on the achievement of key LOB objectives. Key numerical measures are as follows:
- Annual Sales Plan: ETF Products
- Annual Sales Plan: Funds of ETFs.
- Individual and team growth in knowledge of ETF solutions and products
- Undergraduate University Degree in Business or Finance
- Minimum 5 years of brokerage, financial planning or related investment sales experience, including minimum 2 years in a wholesaling or related role
- PFP or CFP or CIM or FCSI or CFA
- In-depth knowledge of investment products and markets, including competitive market and trends
- In-depth knowledge of sales strategies
- Ability to take in knowledge and resolve a magnitude of diverse, complex and ambiguous issues
- Exceptional sales & customer service orientation skills
- Proven investment sales success
- Exceptional networking, presentation, facilitation and relationship building skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Sound business planning and organization skills and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Extensive travel is required
- Extended hours and periodic weekend requirements, based on local market needs of sales workforce
- May be required to work from home office in designated geographic area
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.