Posting Closing Date
December 31, 2022
The Digital Applications Development Team is responsible for the development and application support of all Internet web applications, including a focus on mobile for Fidelity Canada in addition to developing and supporting our internal corporate web site. We work closely with our business partners to deliver a superior online experience focusing on stability, performance, and service delivery.
We are looking for a Java Software Developer who will take a key role on our team. The ideal candidate must have knowledge in all stages of software development and seamlessly move between back-end development and front-end development. You will be working alongside and collaborating with our team architects and developers and you will be responsible for creation and support for Fidelity Canada’s web properties.
- Develop, code, install, test, debug, and document Web applications
- Ensure security of all Web sites and related applications
- Participate in the on-call application support rotation
- University degree, preferably in the field of Computer Science
- Minimum 2-6 years of Software development experience
- Content Management System experience would be an asset, specifically Adobe Experience Manager
- Prior Investment or Mutual Fund experience is an asset
How To Apply
Given the current circumstances, employee will be working from home, 100% of time. As working conditions return to normal, they will shift to a hybrid working arrangement.
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Strong attention to detail with innovative problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work independently while being in a team environment
- Technical insight and experience to inform, guide, challenge and support technical decisions
- Commitment to continuously evolve skills and keep up to date with latest technology
Employment with Fidelity will be conditional upon the successful candidate having received a COVID-19 vaccine series approved by Health Canada, at least 14 days prior to their start date. This requirement is subject to exemptions pursuant to human rights legislation in your province of employment.
Fidelity Canada is an equal opportunity employer
Fidelity Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, family status, protected veterans’ status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected ground.
Accommodation during the application process
Fidelity Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process. If you require an accommodation, please email us at FidelityCanadaStaffing@fidelity.ca.
No telephone inquiries or agencies please. We thank all applicants for their interest, please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.