Posting Closing Date
January 31, 2024
Harvest ETFs is seeking a talented investment accountant to join our rapidly growing team. The responsibility of the investment accountant is to perform various analyses that support oversight of outsourced fund accounting functions as well as preparation of key financial reporting deliverables to help meet regulatory deadlines and grow our business. The role would report to the VP of Finance and work in collaboration with the finance, marketing and operations teams.
- Perform Daily NAV review procedures along with maintaining and reconciling fund schedules, escalating on a timely basis and when appropriate.
- Perform monthly, quarterly and annual investment fund accounting analytics, reconciliations, reporting and compliance for a growing family of investment funds.
- Prepare spreadsheet models to analyze, forecast and reconcile fund performance and other analytical metrics.
- Communication and interaction with service providers, internal reporting on fund matters and investment activities.
- Assist with preparation of the semi-annual and annual fund financial statements.
- Filing and tax support for all investment portfolios.
- Liaise with senior management, external service providers and company auditors.
- Assist and support senior management with various special projects and requests.
- Assist with and perform other daily investment management and operations tasks and requests.
- Achievement Oriented – A passion for working in a fast paced environment, the prioritization of workload and the attention to completion of each task.
- Analytical Thinking – Understanding a situation, issue or problem, and working through to solution.
- Business Acumen – Ability to understand the business implications of an accounting decisions and the impact and the ability to strive to improve organizational performance.
- Commitment to Continuous Learning – Dedication to the investment business, to constantly improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Concern for Order – Strong attention to detail and drive to reduce errors and risk in the daily environment.
- Information Seeking – Driven by an underlying curiosity and desire to question items.
- Initiative – Ability to anticipate and identify a problem, obstacle or opportunity and take appropriate action.
- Teamwork and Cooperation – Works cooperatively with others. Be part of a team-oriented environment.
- Undergraduate Degree in finance, accounting or related field.
- Professional Designation – CPA designation a strong asset.
WORK EXPERIENCE AND OTHER SKILLS
- 3 – 5 years fund accounting experience with investment funds.
- Required strong PC skills and proficiency with Excel.
- Experience using Power Query considered a strong asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience using Bloomberg an asset.
OPPORTUNITIES AND ADVANTAGES
- Fast-growing environment
- Work in collaboration with sales, investments, finance and other key departments
- Positive and supportive company culture
- Benefits provided
- Position is bonus eligible
Interested applicants should forward their resume with a cover letter to email@example.com.