Posting Closing Date
June 30, 2024
To serve as an expert in the delivery of insight and market knowledge of Vanguard’s products and services. Where applicable, in partnership with the internal product team, the Sales Strategist will provide insights into sub advisers that we use and their various styles and strengths. The Sales Strategist will also be an expert in the delivery of Vanguard’s thought leadership and research (white papers, etc.) to Large Adviser Firms, Wealth Managers, Life Insurance Companies, and other Strategic Partners (at National Conferences/External Events/Industry Events, etc.).
- Responsible for the delivery of core messages for our Strategic partners (thought leadership/research/investment) and at events such as National Conferences/Regional Conferences/Industry events etc. Capable of world class delivery of all of our core messages -including active expertise – to ensure that we support and maximize the distribution opportunity that our strategic partner deals will give us.
- Develops and generates research ideas to steer the sales strategy and agenda to meet the targeted client landscape in a given region. Provides support and guidance to sales teams.
- Conducts in-depth research on investment product opportunities and external market analysis to support the sales team in addressing a range of investment topics facing clients.
- Establishes and organizes strategic priorities for the sales team including client segmentation methodologies, coverage, and service models.
- Works with the National Strategic Account Manager to develop a strategic plan to consult with the national firms and networks in securing delivery of presentations and also training and development programs for their advisor firms.
- Develops and delivers these presentations in the format of mini – symposiums to key segments of the market.
- Ensures that we have a presence at industry events and delivers Vanguard’s key messages at these events.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Master’s degree and/or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), preferred
- Minimum five years of financial services industry experience
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated executive presence, poise, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and adapt quickly and resourcefully to changing situations.
- Excellent relationship management skills.
- Thorough knowledge of investments and competitive environment.
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills.
- Depth and breadth of Canadian financial services industry knowledge.
- Able to effectively influence key stakeholders.
How We Work
Vanguard has implemented a hybrid working model for the majority of our crew members, designed to capture the benefits of enhanced flexibility while enabling in-person learning, collaboration, and connection. We believe our mission-driven and highly collaborative culture is a critical enabler to support long-term client outcomes and enrich the employee experience.