Posting Closing Date
August 31, 2024
Drives sales results for designated products through non-affiliated or third-party intermediaries or within BMO channels. Provides input to new product development.
What Will You Do
- Works with more senior employees on larger and/or more complex clients, prospects, territories, issues and relationships.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with intermediaries.
- Develops solutions and makes recommendations based on an understanding of the business strategy and stakeholder needs.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Provides input into the planning and implementation of operational programs.
- Develops, maintains and executes a business plan, including sales strategies, to achieve sales objectives and acquire new clients.
- Participates in industry and intermediary events to grow presence in the marketplace.
- Organizes and arranges regular conference calls and presentations, which are conducted either independently or in conjunction with portfolio managers to promote new strategies.
- Provides input to product development and marketing to grow the overall business.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Monitors and tracks performance, and addresses any issues.
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Helps determine business priorities and best sequence for execution of business/group strategy.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
- Demonstrates effective and timely use of the customer relationship management system and expense reporting system.
- Adheres to all compliance, regulatory, and legal guidelines.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently on a range of complex tasks, which may include unique situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
What Will You Bring
- Typically between 4 – 6 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Growing understanding of intermediary sales and the market.
- Technical proficiency gained through education and/or business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills – In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills – In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills – In-depth.
- Influence skills – In-depth.
- Data driven decision making – In-depth.
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.