Posting Closing Date
September 31, 2023
We are BLG: Canada’s Law Firm. Our culture is one of vigilance and curiosity, Firm-wide collaboration, unfailing mutual respect and dedication. We pride ourselves on having standout talent and delivering an exceptional client experience. We are a future-minded Firm delivering high-value advice and known for our unwavering commitment to innovation, diversity and inclusion, community involvement and talent development. Learn more about us at www.blg.com.
Through our distinctive client-focused approach, you will grow your career working with leading professionals as part of a creative, multi-disciplinary team. This is an ideal position for a lawyer committed to exceeding clients’ goals and changing the future. Top professionals who want to innovate and collaborate should apply. Right from the start you will have the strength of our people and the BLG brand behind you.
What Will You Do
- A senior investment management lawyer who, in addition to engaging in client work in their areas of expertise, will spend a dedicated portion of their time enabling our lawyers to stay current on regulatory developments and coordinating internal knowledge management, providing input to regulators, coordinating strategic client initiatives (including on a billable basis), coordinating client seminars and assisting with maintaining our brand as the leading firm in the investment management industry in Canada.
- The candidate must have a keen interest in staying current with regulatory policy and trends relating to investment funds and registrant matters in Canada and internationally.
- The candidate must have an interest in implementing and executing client events, be involved with industry associations and significant conferences as well as be able to promote the group through social media and other means.
- The ideal candidate will be a team player with a personality that lends itself to leading projects and keeping them on schedule as well as having strong analytical, personal, oral and written
- The candidate will have an opportunity work along side a national team consistently recognized as one of Canada’s best for its extensive and in-depth industry experience.
How To Apply
If you are interested in being considered for this position or know of someone who may be suitable, please send your cover letter, resume, and a list of references in confidence to Lauren Sigal, Director, Talent Advisory – Legal at email@example.com by March 31, 2023.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.
We thank you for your interest. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Everyone at BLG is required to carry out the duties of their role while upholding the important principles of our respectful workplace policies, and treating everyone with respect, regardless of position. At BLG, valuing diversity and inclusion is key to a respectful workplace.
BLG is committed to building and fostering a workplace that is reflective of our communities, where all firm members feel included, valued, and heard. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates but acknowledge the systemic and structural barriers that have, historically, marginalized and barred certain groups from accessing employment opportunities. As part of our commitment to removing barriers to employment, we strongly encourage applications from members of these historically marginalized groups including, but not limited to, Indigenous peoples, racialized individuals, members of the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities and women. Accommodations are available, upon request, in all aspects of the recruitment process.
*Please note that relatives of current BLG employees and partners are not eligible for consideration