Associate, ETF Sales
BlackRock Canada, through its strategic alliance with RBC Global Asset Management, is focused on growing the adoption of RBC and iShares ETFs in Canada, across investment advisors, institutional investors, and individuals. We are hiring a motivated analyst to join the iShares product marketing / product strategy team.
This individual will work closely with senior members of the iShares product team to maintain an extensive product content library, curate our product webpages, develop new content and materials, perform product analysis, and execute small product and content projects. This individual will collaborate closely with colleagues from around the firm, particularly sales, marketing, capital markets, and investment strategy.
The successful candidate will demonstrate an eagerness to learn and intellectual curiosity, and bring a hands-on attitude to the role. Strong communication, high attention to detail, excellent time management skills are all essential to success in this role.
Posting Closing Date:December 31, 2020
BlackRock Canada formed a strategic alliance with RBC Global Asset Management that is focused on growing the adoption of RBC iShares (the combination of RBC ETFs and iShares ETFs) in Canada, across investment advisors, institutional investors, and individuals. The ETF families offered in Canada by BlackRock Canada and RBC GAM Inc. were brought together under one new brand - RBC iShares. Combined, RBC iShares represents Canada's largest and most comprehensive ETF offering, including index, factor, quantitative and active strategies. We are hiring an ETF Sales Associate to collaborate and support the iShares ETF Leaders in advancing ETF sales opportunities, servicing relationships, and performing other sales-related activities.
Reporting to the Head of iShares ETF Distribution, the primary responsibilities will include:
1. Partnering with ETF Leaders and external partners by:
- Responding to requests from advisors and RBC sales teams regarding ETF related inquires, such as but not limited to, head-to-head comparisons, portfolio attribution, and portfolio analytics
- Attending external meetings along with the ETF Leaders
- Perform consistent follow-up with prospective and existing accounts
- Collaborate with Sales and Management Teams regularly
- Answering end-client inquiries sent to the RBCiShares inbox
- Coordinating email campaigns
- Assist in creating slide decks for branch presentations, and conferences
2. Provide timely sales reporting
- Timely reporting to follow up on pipeline opportunities
- Ad-hoc reporting as needed
3. Coordinate logistics for firm sponsored events by:
- Help with coordinating calendars and logistics with internal partners and speakers from the U.S.
- Minimum of 2 years of sales experience in a wholesale investment services environment with a proven track record of success
- Relevant undergraduate degree, CFA enrollment/designation is preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Analytical skills: ability to learn quickly, grasp complex concepts, and distill information
- Ability to foster relationships and collaborate across various teams (Product, Marketing, Compliance, and Sales)
- Proficiency in MS Excel is preferred
- Bilingual (English/French) would be beneficial
How to Apply:
To apply, please go to:
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.