ETF Product Associate
Company:TD Asset Management
TD Asset Management (TDAM), a member of TD Bank Financial Group, is a leading North American investment manager offering progressive investment solutions to both institutional and individual investors. For over two decades, the organization has established competitive market positions in active, quantitative and passive portfolio management. As of December 3, 2020, TDAM and its affiliates manage over $407 billion in assets on behalf of pension, insurance, endowment/foundation and corporate clients, as well as high-net worth clients and retail mutual funds.
A cornerstone of TDAM's success has been the ability to partner with its clients to develop customized solutions that meet their evolving needs and objectives.
In attaining this client commitment, TDAM has built one of Canada’s largest and most respected investment management and research teams with more than 140 Portfolio Managers, Associate Portfolio Managers, Traders and Analysts.
Posting Closing Date:December 2, 2021
The Associate, ETF Product Strategy acts as a subject matter expert on all things related to ETFs. Supporting the ETF Product Management team, the Product Associate will primarily be responsible for supporting the continuous operation and growth of the ETF Product Suite. The Associate will develop insights for the ETF Product & Strategy Group by continuously monitoring industry developments, reviewing product disclosures and marketing material and identifying information or disclosure gaps and opportunities for improvement. The ETF Product Associate will also support regular reporting and operational requirements for the ETFs. The ETF Product Associate will also be responsible for managing smaller scale ETF projects as well as other routine tasks.
- Have a sound understanding of TDAM's general investment philosophy and investment styles
- Develop a deep understanding of TDAM products within an assigned asset class and synthesize that knowledge with competitive and industry research to develop and deliver product positioning in support of sales.
- Support the continuous development and improvement of the ETF Product suite in these areas:
ETF Product Support
- Provide continuous product analysis of current ETF product line against peer group and identify opportunities to promote and position TD ETFs against competitors
- Maintain overview of all TD ETFs to identify opportunities to promote individual funds, such as superior performance, anniversaries, sectoral investment trends and trends in competitive landscape
- Ensure public disclosure of ETF portfolio characteristics on TD website and third-party websites or social media outlets is accurate and timely and take corrective action as required
- Understand the key data flow for ETF fund characteristics and how fund information is picked up by service providers
ETF Process & Procedures
- Support the maintenance of the existing ETF suite by helping to prepare timely regulatory disclosures, distribution analysis and declaration, assist in the preparation of annual and semi-annual reporting
- Monitor reporting requirements and ensure documents and analysis are prepared on a timely basis
- Act as liaison between Product & Strategy Group and other internal and external service providers
- New Product Research & Analysis
- Assist the ETF Product & Strategy team in the research and development of new TD ETFs through identifying new market opportunities
- Assist in the preparation of new product documentation, filing requirements and materials necessary for a successful product launch
Marketing Oversight and Recommendations
- Assist in the promotion of existing ETFs by supporting communication and information flow between the Product & Strategy Group and the Marketing Group
- Act as a point of contact for Product oriented questions and coordinate Subject Matter Expert's comments necessary to fully answer queries as necessary
- Regularly monitor marketing platforms, both internal and external for errors and omissions
- Identify marketing opportunities to highlight fund milestones and achievements such as 1-Year anniversaries, outperformance
- Coordinate the timely preparation of Quarterly ETF commentary by preparing preliminary comments and monitoring timely issuance of reports
- Prepare regular competitive analysis across multiple factors such as performance, sales growth, trading, structure and fees
- Undergraduate degree with strong standing and demonstrated interest in financial products
- 3-5 years of experience working in financial services with direct experience working with financial products and ETFs preferably
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills with the ability to express opinions and thoughts clearly and concisely
- Understanding of financial products, their use and ability to articulate the differentiating factors relevant to ETFs
- High-level ability to use Excel, PowerPoint and other communication tools
- Excellent analytic, problem-solving and quantitative skills with a strong attention to detail
- Organized and diligent worker, often taking the initiative to identify areas of opportunity
- Self-starter with the ability to bring forward new ideas
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment
- Working towards CFA would be an asset
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, time sensitive, exciting team environment
How to Apply:
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.