ETF Operations Analyst
Company:Horizons Exchange Traded Funds
Posting Closing Date:December 31, 2021
Due to our rapid growth in the Canadian ETF Market we are looking for an ETF Operations Analyst, to join our team. This position is one that is subject to flex time with numerous tight deadlines throughout the day and is responsible for a wide array of duties.
This position is an analyst position that requires exceptional organizational and time-management skills in order to meet the demands of a large work volume and numerous deadlines. Strong communication and Microsoft Office skills and financial literacy are also vital to this role. Accounting/operations skills would also be an asset to the position.
Timelines regularly fall outside of the standard office hours so candidates will need to have the ability to access systems from home and ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner as required.
The position may be modified depending on the qualifications and experience of the applicant.
- Processing daily purchase and/or redemption transactions for a large number of investment products, on a tightly regulated schedule.
- Coordinating ETF unit settlements on a timely basis.
- Generate numerous reports for various groups, including performance, sales, outstanding share and fee data.
- Monitoring for accuracy the data reflected on product websites, and amending as needed.
- Interaction with accounting, marketing, sales, and outside vendors.
- Fee/expense reconciliation and reporting.
- Coordinating securities custody settlements on a timely basis.
- Monitoring cash balances and preventing overdraft situations.
- Setting up wires and stock transfers
- Account opening with trading counterparties.
- Cash projections.
- Collateral interest reconciliation
- Ability to work independently in a time sensitive environment and deal with fluctuating work volumes is required
- Strong attention to detail and excellent follow-up required
- Proficiency in MS Office and very strong Microsoft Excel skills are required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or a related discipline is preferred
- Financial industry experience and/or Canadian Securities Course (CSC) an asset
- Programming/development and data management skills an asset
- Experience within the investment fund industry, with a strong knowledge of back office processes for security settlements is an asset
How to Apply:
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic we are currently working under a hybrid model.
*A successful candidate would be required to comply with Horizons ETFs vaccination policy prior to their start date.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Horizons ETFs is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to providing a respectful, welcoming and accessible environment for all people. All employment decisions at Horizons ETFs are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to sexual orientation, gender identity, race, religion, colour, age, marital status or disabilities.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. During the hiring process, for those job applicants selected for interviews, any required accommodation will be provided. If the successful candidate requires accommodations, an individual accommodation plan will be established and the proper adjustments will be made to support them.