Bilingual Business Development Associate
Our mission is to take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and give them the best chance for investment success. Doing the "right thing for investors" is in our DNA which reflected in our culture and the way we do business. At the centre of what drives our business is a highly engaged crew. Working together, we ensure our internal community can thrive and prosper mutually with the external communities we serve globally. As one of the largest asset managers in the world with 19 global offices. over 17,000 crew members serve over 30 million clients worldwide.
Posting Closing Date:December 4, 2022
We are currently seeking a growth minded, customer-focused Business Development Assistant, who is looking to work in a team-focused, collaborative, inclusive and barrier free work environment. The successful candidate we will be passionate about providing a world class experience for our Bilingual and English speaking customers.
Reporting to the Head of Internal and Hybrid Sales, the Business Development Assistant will be an integral member of the sales team working in partnership with our Field, Hybrid and Internal Sales Executives covering Quebec and other parts of Eastern Canada. In this role, the successful candidate will primarily provide administrative support to the team members in their coverage territory. In addition, the successful candidate will work with the Head of Internal and Hybrid Sales and other internal stakeholders on various projects, and provide back up support for other Business Development Assistants when required.
- Receives in-bound inquiries via email and phone calls from intermediaries and passes sales leads to responsible sales team when appropriate.
- Assists Internal and External sales executives by performing sales support related activities including fund comparisons, portfolio analytics, coordination and execution of call/direct mail/e-mail campaigns, internal and external marketing campaigns, production of customized prospect/client target lists used in sales process, and all tracking of expected results from these campaigns. Would also be responsible for analytics and ad-hoc reporting in support of the Sales team.
- Responds to inquiries from Internal and External sales executives related to client's general requests, specialized product questions, research competitive information and all sales/marketing materials requests. Coordinates all resources within Vanguard to research, assemble, process, and deliver requested information.
- Assists the sales teams to establish, maintain and update the intermediary business development activities in the contact management database (Microsoft Dynamics).
- Works with internal Vanguard departments to ensure timely delivery of requests to both FAS personnel and external clients.
- Responds to investor e-mail inquiries submitted to the Canada sales inbox and website.
- Organizes and coordinates all sales events including symposiums, manager roadshows, conferences, branch presentations and cooperative marketing events.
- Supports sales division with all administrative requests.
- Participates in special projects and other assigned duties as needed.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Minimum two years of experience in the financial services industry or 3 years relevant work experience
- Must be bilingual (English / French)
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to interact with all levels of internal and external personnel.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in computer skills, specifically Microsoft applications, and contact management databases a plus.