CETFA In the News
2nd Annual Canadian Funds Summit
The Summit is designed specifically for Canadian Funds Executives to source strategies for Fund products, sales, and distribution to grow your business, identify profit opportunities & capture market share.
Join the Canadian investment industry leaders to discuss regulatory updates, new technologies and marketplace realities affecting your bottom line
Registration can be done on their website: www.fundssummit.ca
Responses & Statement Papers
- Joint CETFA & IFIC Submission to Finance regarding Allocation to Redeemers
Apr 5th, 2022
We wrote to Finance to provide comments on the proposed allocation to redeemers (ATR) rules contained in draft legislation to amend the Income Tax Act (Canada) (the ITA)1 released on February 4, 2022 ("Proposed Rules").
- Joint CETFA & IFIC Submission to Finance - Proposed Reporting Requirements for Trusts
Apr 5th, 2022
We wrote to Finance to provide comments on the proposed Trust Reporting rules contained in draft legislation to amend the Income Tax Act (Canada) (the ITA)1 released on February 4, 2022 (Proposed Rules). Unless otherwise noted, all references to sections and components thereof are to the ITA as it is proposed to be amended by the Proposed Rules.
- Capital Markets Act - CETFA Submission
Feb 18th, 2022
The Canadian ETF Association (CETFA) has filed its submission to the Ontario Ministry of Finance in response to its consultation on the draft Capital Markets Act.
- CETFA's response to the Request for Comment on NI51-107 Disclosure of Climate-related Matters
Feb 16th, 2021
CETFA made a submission to the CSA on their proposed changes to NI51-107 on Climate-related matters.
- CETFA response to the CSA Consultation Paper 25-402 - SRO Framework
Oct 26th, 2020
CETFA believes that it will be beneficial to the public to merge the IIROC and the MFDA to reduce regulatory requirements, avoid duplication of efforts, reduce costs and most importantly, result in a better investor experience.
- CETFA's Submission - Modernizing Ontario's Capital Markets
Sep 6th, 2020
CETFA responded to the Government of Ontario in order to provide comments and certain proposed changes that we believe would help modernize Ontario's capital markets with respect to exchange-traded funds.
- CSA Mutual Fund Risk Classification Methodology for Use in Fund Facts and ETF Facts
Mar 9th, 2016
CETFA agrees with the substance and purpose of the Proposed Amendments, and generally supports the key changes made to the earlier version of the proposed methodology that was published on December 12, 2013.
- Ontario Government Expert Panel on Financial Planning - CETFA's Response
Sep 30th, 2015
- CETFA comments on MFDA's Consultation Document for Procificiency Standards for ETFs
Sep 21st, 2015
- CETFA Comments on the CSA's Proposed Disclosure Document for ETFs
Sep 21st, 2015
- CETFA makes a submission to IIROC on their Proficiency Consultation Paper
Nov 14th, 2014
CETFA makes a submission to IIROC on their Consultation Paper, Proficiency Assurance: The Next Phase Consultation Relating to Expiry of CSI Contract.
- CETFA agrees with the Cooperative Capital Markets Regulatory System
Oct 4th, 2013
The CETFA supports the recently announced cooperative capital markets regulatory system.
- IOSCO - Principles for the Regulation of Exchange Traded Funds - Final Report
Jun 24th, 2013
IOSCO published the final report on Principles for the Regulation of Exchange Traded Funds containing nine principles intended to guide the regulation of ETFs.
- CETFA Submission - IOSCO Consultation Report: Principles for the Regulation of Exchange Traded Funds
Jun 27th, 2012
The CETFA made a submission to IOSCO in response to their consultation report CETFA Submission - IOSCO Consultation Report: Principles for the Regulation of Exchange Traded Funds. The final report will be released by IOSCO in the fall of 2012.
- Submission to the CSA
Sep 23rd, 2011
Cost Disclosure and Performance Reporting of Investment Funds in the Proposed Amendments to NI 31-103 Registration Requirements and Exemptions